Hi, we’re PocketSmith!
We craft online money management software used in over 190 countries, right here in New Zealand. Our customers are money adventurers. We’re proud to make beautiful tools that help them track their money, their way.
We’ve spent 12 years building the most customisable personal finance tool in the market. Our community comprises makers and problem-solvers, each on their own quest for financial success.
You’ll be joining our engineering team to improve our mobile offerings on iOS and Android platforms continuously. You’ll have experience in mobile application development with a solid work history.
Your integrity will be beyond reproach, and you will have the utmost respect for the information people entrust PocketSmith with. You’ve got a passion for personal finance, or you’ve had some experience managing your own money.
Our engineering team is a small, close-knit team that punches above its weight. We’re based throughout the country but meet together a couple of times a year. We’re a remote team, but appreciate the opportunity to all get into a room together.
We pride ourselves on a flexible work environment, where needing to pick the kids up or head to an appointment is never an issue. We have proven systems in place that allow our people to manage how their workday is structured.
Join a company with no internal politics, no massive egos, no bullshit, no crunches. Just building great software on a modern codebase, helping thousands of real people be more productive with their money.
Are you a good fit? What we need:
- Able to work in, or be able to learn, both iOS and Android platforms.
- Be proficient in either one or the other (you will be involved in both platforms).
- Experience with either Swift or Kotlin and willingness to learn both.
- Familiar with MVVM and MVP architectures.
- Experience shipping to the Google Play store and/or the Apple App Store.
- Comfortable with or willing to use macOS.
- Has experience using Git for source control.
- Can build custom UI which will be provided by our designers.
- iOS - Usage of UIKit elements all laid out programmatically
- Android - Interfaces are built using reusable XML elements
- Ability to debug issues regarding App Store / Google Play builds particularly after updates to Xcode and Android Studio.
- Able to work with an existing, and reasonably mature codebase.
- Can build things in a modular manner to maximise reusable elements.
- Has experience working with RESTful APIs that will be provided by the web engineering team.
- Able to understand complex PocketSmith features and translate them into algorithms for the mobile apps.
- Has experience working with package managers for integrating open source libraries.
- Work on product vision for the mobile apps alongside our product team, shaping them to better serve our users.
Other things to know:
- This is a full-time, permanent position, starting ASAP.
- You can work remotely, or from one of our offices in Dunedin or Thames.
- We provide you with a dev machine and a hardware budget.
- You must be legally able to work in New Zealand.
- Applications are open until we find the right person.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your details to [email protected].