Hi, we’re PocketSmith!
We craft online money management software used in over 190 countries, right here in New Zealand. Our customers are money adventurers. We’re proud to make beautiful tools that help them track their money, their way.
We’re searching for a creative problem solver.
We’ve spent 13 years building the most customisable personal finance tool in the market. We’re looking to grow our global tribe of users by connecting with them through authentic, inclusive and memorable design.
Our community comprises makers and problem-solvers, each on their own quest for financial success. As they use PocketSmith to guide them through life, we want to craft the best possible experience for them, delighting them as we help them achieve their goals.
You believe in design as a force for good, and are keen to wield your talent to inspire positive action. You’re motivated by clean, elegant solutions, and outraged by dark patterns and deceptive tricks on the web. You’re looking to join a supportive crew of creative folk who cheer each other on, and are as comfortable celebrating, as they are commiserating, together.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
As PocketSmith’s visual storyteller, you’ll work closely with the CEO and Head of Marketing to maintain and grow our brand. You’ll be the custodian of our visual identity, and will have a diverse range of projects to work on, including:
- Developing digital assets for the marketing website to enhance user experience and increase time on site, page views, repeat visits, lead generation and conversion.
- Working together with the wider Marketing team to produce beautiful, compelling email newsletters and campaigns that resonate with our audience and prompt them to take action.
- Producing artwork for printed materials, from merchandise to other marketing collateral
- Creating iconography and illustration, to aid in brand expression
- Delivering engaging content - both static and animated - for social channels
- Working with Product and Support, gain an understanding of PocketSmith’s product features so you can translate them into enjoyable stories that showcase benefits, differentiation, and use cases.
You’ll be responsible for crafting the best possible user experiences for PocketSmith’s users across all our digital properties, delighting our customers and helping them achieve successful outcomes. You’ll work alongside our Customer Success and Product teams to come up with measurable solutions to specific objectives.
- Acquiring a deep understanding of PocketSmith’s features through the lens of our customers as well as our team in order to accurately assess and document the product’s strengths and weaknesses.
- Understanding the psychology and motivations behind our users in order to design the best customer journeys to support them.
- Conducting research and taking a data-driven approach to determine the best possible results for both the customer and the company.
- Prototyping new features and updates to demonstrate the look and feel of the user experience.
- Creating user interfaces that are intuitive and pleasurable to use. Our UI also needs to communicate brand values and reinforce user trust.
- Revisiting existing UI and feature flows to improve usability and accessibility, while maintaining fresh brand aesthetics.
Unicorns, non-unicorns, dog people, cat lovers all welcome!
We’re aware that asking for both marketing design and UX/UI design experience is a lot, but we suspect that there are some of you who have the skills, and would relish the variety in the work. Still, we want to assure you that we’re open to hearing from designers with experience in either (or both) areas of work. As a fully remote company with offices in Dunedin and Thames, we always look at cultural fit first.
This is a full-time, permanent position, starting as soon as we find the right person. We are open to part-time working arrangements as well.
You’re a good fit if:
- Your first instinct is to ask why, rather than what.
- You’re naturally empathetic, and are interested and curious about different points of view and culture.
- You make intuitive design choices, and can articulate what emotions you want your work to elicit.
- You seek out harmony, reducing friction with context, structure and flow.
- You notice the small things, while being able to visualise the bigger picture.
- You communicate beautifully across cultures, teams and levels.
- You love collaborating and working with others to achieve a shared goal, delivering an outcome that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You cope well with ambiguity and understand how to navigate competing priorities.
Bonus, if you have:
- An interest in managing your money, and planning for the future.
- Worked remotely and socialised with a virtual team.
- Previous experience in the tech industry, and designing for both web and mobile platforms.
- Used some of the marketing and productivity software that PocketSmith does: Slack, G Suite, Shortcut, Trello, CloudCannon
Other things to know:
- This is a full-time, permanent position, starting ASAP. We are open to part-time working arrangements for the right candidate.
- You’ll be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite or other relevant design software (Sketch, Figma, Affinity)
- We offer a flexible work environment, where needing to pick the kids up or heading to an appointment is never an issue. We have proven systems in place that allow our people to manage how their work day is structured.
- You can work remotely, or from one of our offices in Dunedin or Thames.
- You must be legally able to work in New Zealand.
- Applications are open until we find the right person.
We’d love to hear from you! Send us your details, including a portfolio of work you’re proud of, to [email protected].