Hi, we’re PocketSmith!
We craft online money management software used in over 190 countries, right here in New Zealand. Our customers are money adventurers. We’re proud to make beautiful tools that help them track their money, their way.
We’re searching for a customer champion.
We’ve spent 12 years building the most customisable personal finance tool in the market.
Our community comprises makers and problem-solvers, each on their own quest for financial success. As they use PocketSmith to guide their travels, our Customer Support Team are always by their side to help them along on their journey.
Our close-knit customer support team is small but mighty! You’ll join a supportive crew of remote collaborators who work together to craft first-rate, customised answers for each of our users. PocketSmith is used worldwide, and we pride ourselves on treating every user with the same high level of respect and attention. Our Support Team’s service is frequently celebrated by our users - with many going out of their way to load on the praise!
We’re a remote team based throughout the country, but appreciate the opportunity to meet together a couple of times a year.
Every day, we are helping thousands of real people be more productive with their money, and build themselves a positive future.
Come join us on this adventure!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing email-based customer and technical support to our global customers.
- Collaborating with our Education and Marketing Teams to produce media for our Learn Centre and social media channels.
- Teaming up with our Product and Engineering Teams to weed out any issues, as well as suggesting and providing feedback on upcoming features.
- Become a go-to for all of the ins-and-outs of how PocketSmith works, and how we can provide the best experience for our users.
You’re a good fit if:
- You’re an empathetic listener, interpreter, and wordsmith. You can find the core of a problem and resolve it with ease.
- You love collaborating and working with others in a supportive team.
- You’re a natural problem solver. You enjoy a puzzle and searching out a satisfying solution.
- You “just get” software. You find well-crafted computer programs intuitive to use.
- You’re able to find common ground, and communicate beautifully with people from all walks of life.
- You cope well with the ebb-and-flow of an unpredictable workload and are unafraid to ask for help.
- Your integrity is beyond reproach, and you have the utmost respect when entrusted with sensitive information.
Bonus, if you have:
- An interest in managing your money, and planning for the future - it would be particularly awesome if you’re a PocketSmith user!
- Worked remotely and socialised with a virtual team.
- Previous customer support experience, especially involving the financial industry.
- Some experience with the support ticketing and productivity software stack that PocketSmith uses: HelpScout, Slack, G Suite, Trello, Clubhouse, Mixpanel, WindCave, and MailGun.
Other things to know:
- This is a full-time, permanent position, starting ASAP.
- We offer a flexible work environment, where needing to pick the kids up or heading to an appointment is never an issue. We have proven systems in place that allow our people to manage how their workday is structured.
- You can work remotely; from home or from one of our offices in Dunedin or Thames.
- You must be legally able to work in New Zealand.
- Applications are open until we find the right person.
We’d love to hear from you! Please send us your details to [email protected].