Hi, we’re PocketSmith!
We’re at the front lines of the Open Banking revolution, crafting online money management software used in over 190 countries, right here in New Zealand. Our customers are money adventurers. We’re proud to make beautiful tools that help them track their money, their way.
We’re searching for a customer champion. Or two!
We’ve spent 14 years building the most customisable personal finance tool in the market.
Our community comprises makers and problem-solvers, each on their own quest for financial success. As they use PocketSmith to guide their travels, our Customer Support Team is always by their side to help them along on their journey.
We take a close-knit, boutique approach to caring for our customers. You’ll join a supportive crew of remote collaborators who work together to craft first-rate, customised answers for each of our users. PocketSmith is used worldwide, and we pride ourselves on delivering a high level of respect and attention to our customers. Our Support Team’s service is frequently celebrated by our users - with many going out of their way to load on the praise!
We’re a remote team based throughout the country, but take the opportunity to meet together a couple of times a year.
Every day, we are helping thousands of real people be more productive with their money, and build themselves a positive future.
Come join us on this adventure!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Providing email-based technical support to our global customers.
- Managing support tickets with our upstream data providers, including those at the forefront of Open Banking.
- Collaborating with our Education Team to produce media for our Learn Centre.
- Teaming up with our Product and Engineering Teams to weed out any issues, as well as suggesting and providing feedback on upcoming features.
- Become a go-to for all of the ins-and-outs of how PocketSmith works, and how we can provide the best experience for our users.
You will be expected to uphold and practice our workplace values, which help to establish PocketSmith’s culture and atmosphere, and which guide our beliefs, attitudes, and behaviour.
- Act in good faith, and be loving and caring.
- Be willing and open minded. Give respect.
- Embrace passion and act with purpose.
- Be good and have courage.
- Question everything and don’t stop learning.
- Eat, drink and laugh well. Create fun.
You’re a good fit if:
- You’re an empathetic listener, interpreter, and wordsmith. You can find the core of a problem and resolve it with ease.
- You love collaborating and working with others in a supportive team.
- You’re a natural problem solver. You enjoy a puzzle and searching out a satisfying solution.
- You “just get” software. You find well-crafted computer programs intuitive to use.
- You have previous SaaS customer support experience.
- You’re able to find common ground, and communicate beautifully with people from all walks of life.
- You cope well with the ebb-and-flow of an unpredictable workload and are unafraid to ask for help.
- Your integrity is beyond reproach, and you have the utmost respect when entrusted with sensitive information.
Bonus, if you have:
- An interest in managing your money, and planning for the future - it would be particularly awesome if you’re a PocketSmith user!
- Worked remotely and socialised with a virtual team, especially if you’ve used Slack before.
- Previous experience in Personal Finance Management software or the finance industry.
- Some experience with Help Scout support ticketing and the productivity software stack that PocketSmith uses.
Other things to know:
- This is a full-time, permanent position, starting ASAP.
- We offer a flexible work environment, where needing to pick the kids up or heading to an appointment is never an issue. We have proven systems in place that allow our people to manage how their workday is structured.
- You can work remotely; from home or from our Dunedin office.
- You must be legally able to work in New Zealand.
- Applications are open until we find the right candidate.
How to apply:
Please send us an email to [email protected] with the following information:
- Who you are and why you want to work for us in customer support.
- A copy of your CV, please.
- A description of fantastic customer service/support you received recently, and what made it great.
- Please pick one of PocketSmith’s values, and tell us about a time when you upheld that value in your own life.
We look forward to hearing from you!