Hi, we’re PocketSmith!
We craft online money management software used in over 190 countries, right here in New Zealand. Our customers are money adventurers. We’re proud to make beautiful tools that help them track their money, their way.
We’re searching for a storyteller.
We’ve spent 12 years building the most customisable personal finance tool in the market. Now it’s time to share our story with the world.
Our community comprises makers and problem-solvers, each on their own quest for financial success. As they use PocketSmith to guide their travels, they’re equipped with a reliable companion - meaningful content and stories - to help them along on their journey.
As PocketSmith’s storyteller, you believe in the power of narrative to create shared connections that inspire action. You’ll join a supportive crew of creative folk who’ll cheer you on as you wield our brand semantics and semiotics to craft content that will be read and engaged with.
You’re a good listener, and are drawn to the rich tapestry of life stories woven through our global community. You have an instinct for what is newsworthy, and of value to readers. You’ll collaborate with the wider Marketing, Product and Support teams to work on campaigns that drive customer awareness, preference, purchase, loyalty, and ultimately, advocacy of PocketSmith.
This is a growth-focused role, so you’ll be able to articulate how the content strategy supports tangible commercial goals, and be excited to delve into the data to support that.
Come join us on an adventure!
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Connect with our users and tell their stories.
- Conceptualise and implement our content strategy - including an editorial and social posting calendar - that is underpinned by sound digital marketing principles.
- Write and produce marketing and product-related content. This includes blog posts, landing pages, newsletters, videos and anything else needed to effectively communicate to our chosen audiences.
- Get to know our users. Understand their motivations, pain points, and jobs-to-be-done in order to communicate PocketSmith’s value to them. This could include conducting interviews, writing up case studies and customer journey stories.
- Be curious about PocketSmith and use it in your everyday life.
- Working with Product and Support, gain an understanding of PocketSmith’s product features so you can translate them into enjoyable stories that showcase benefits, differentiation, and use cases.
- Curate our brand personality on social media. You’ll be posting as PocketSmith, taking inspiration from the team, and reflecting our brand values authentically.
- Write conversational social media posts. Banter is part of the role.
- Build friendly relationships with customer advocates and other key stakeholders.
- Listen on our social platforms, and look for patterns and trends related to our target audiences. Use this insight to help curate content and nurture conversations.
Project and stakeholder management
- Collaborate across teams and with external stakeholders to publish a schedule of content on time and to brief.
- Find, onboard and carefully manage a stable of writers and other creative talent as necessary, supported by the Head of Marketing.
- Manage multiple content production projects simultaneously.
Measuring and reporting
Together with the wider Marketing team:
- Measure and report on results of content campaigns to guide future planning.
- Measure and optimise customer journey touchpoints in order to drive product adoption and usage.
- Develop an attribution model that pinpoints high ROI opportunities for lead conversion.
You’re a good fit if:
- You’re interested and curious about the world around you, and are an empathetic listener.
- You’re a wordsmith. You might accept that mantle abashedly, but you enjoy wordplay and read widely.
- You’re a natural connector. People like talking to you; they always have.
- You have fun telling a variety of stories across different channels, demonstrating flair while doing so.
- You communicate beautifully across cultures, teams and levels.
- You love collaborating and working with others to achieve a shared goal, delivering an outcome that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- You cope well with ambiguity and understand how to navigate competing priorities.
Bonus, if you have:
- An interest in managing your money, and planning for the future.
- Worked remotely and socialised with a virtual team.
- Previous digital marketing experience, including an understanding of SEO fundamentals.
- Some experience with the marketing and productivity software stack that PocketSmith uses: Slack, G Suite, Trello, Clubhouse, CloudCannon, SEMrush, Buffer, Mixpanel, Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Graphic design experience, and proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite.
Other things to know:
- This is a full-time, permanent position, starting ASAP. We are open to part-time working arrangements for the right candidate.
- We offer a flexible work environment, where needing to pick the kids up or heading to an appointment is never an issue. We have proven systems in place that allow our people to manage how their work day is structured.
- You can work remotely, or from one of our offices in Dunedin or Thames.
- You must be legally able to work in New Zealand.
- Applications are open until we find the right person.
We’d love to hear from you! Send us your details and some samples of your written work to [email protected].