We've introduced a couple of highly requested features to Transactions this week. But before we get into that, we'd like to point you to our development roadmap on Trello:
The roadmap contains all of the features leading up to PocketSmith v3. We're releasing features as we go rather than all at once, so that we can get the benefits out to users quicker as well as iterate on user feedback.
We've condensed our key release milestones into cards on the Master Feature List board. Click on a card to see a brief description of the feature, along with any comments. The cards are ordered in terms of priority, and we'll be moving them from one board to another so you can see what's in progress, in testing, on beta, and finally on live.
We'll also be posting weekly updates to keep you appraised as to our progress on these milestones, and will be writing about the new features as we release them.
On to the updates!
First up, you can now export all your transactions from PocketSmith! To use this feature, head to the Profile menu (top-right), click on Preferences, then 'Export Data' on the left. You'll find the option to export your transactions here:
Transactions export option in the Preferences window
The export downloads a CSV file, which you can open in a spreadsheet application. It contains these columns:
- Merchant (otherwise known as Payee)
- Transaction Type (debit or credit)
- Closing balance
We will improve upon this feature by letting you filter the export by criteria such as account, date, and search results. This will come in the near future alongside improvements to how you search for transactions.
Notes for each transaction
You can now add a note to a transaction in the Edit Transaction slide-out.
Transaction notes in the Edit Transaction slide-out
A few considerations to bear in mind:
- Notes cannot be added to pending transactions, as these will be overwritten once they're posted. This condition only applies to Live Bank Feed accounts.
- Notes are stored separately from transactions. As such, they are orphaned - not deleted - when transactions are either overwritten or deleted. We'll be working on an interface to let you re-assign orphaned notes to transactions.
- Transactions can't be searched by notes yet, but this will come in a future iteration!