At the end of this week we're releasing version 2.5 of PocketSmith! This is a major revision of the application, and details of what is included in this upgrade can be found on the Roadmap.
The upgrade requires about 3 hours of application downtime, which will be starting on Sunday 23rd June 2013, 2am PDT / 5am EDT / 9am UTC / 9pm NZST. We've scheduled this to try and ensure a minimal impact upon our users across the world.
We thank you for your patience and support while we perform these upgrades to the application.
Summary of Improvements
Here's a quick run-down on what to look out for.
New, cleaner interface
- Everything will look familiar to you, but we've tidied up the PocketSmith interface to make it friendlier to use.
- Better use of space, so your see more of your information on-screen
- Better scrolling areas, so you no longer have to scroll up and down the screen to find things
- Lots of little details that contribute to a better user experience
- You can now nest your categories into 3 levels by dragging and dropping
- There is an entire page for managing your categories now, as opposed to working within the fly-out.
- You can now quickly create categories in a single form, and also choose a template of categories from other popular personal tools like Mint, Quicken and Microsoft Money
Faster, better cashflows
- The cashflows page has been re-written to give it a speed boost
- The cashflows table now stretches to fill the window, and scrolls within its own pane
- Previous month columns now display forecast and actual totals
- Extensive settings page allowing you to customize the display of your cashflow
Improved personal summary
- Like cashflows, there are speed improvements here
- Income as well as expense summaries are now displayed for each category
- Interface improvements make it easier to navigate to each category
What else does the 23rd of June mean?
It marks PocketSmith's 5th Birthday! We started this journey on the 23rd of June 2008, and it is thanks to you all that we're still here today. We think there is no better way to celebrate the start of PocketSmith's fifth year than to get a long-awaited release in front of our users!
Thanks for all of your patience over the past few months while we've been in heavy development mode gearing up for this release. And as always, if you have any questions or comments at all, please get in touch, we'd love to hear from you :)